Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ay Carumba

Well hello! I was wondering if a date can be considered a blind date if you've actually talked to the person on the phone but still have yet to meet 'em? So I got this date this weekend and I'm actually pretty nervous, not because of what I've heard about her because it's all been good but she's a 29 year old never been married or had kids LAWYER!? What the hell? Do you think this means that she's smart because if she is I can't keep up because really, I'm not that smart of a guy...I've just been more lucky than smart. And also, for some reason, am I biased in my thinking that 20 something female lawyers are more than likely not alot of fun or willing to get in a little bit of 'good' trouble or are particularly attractive? I don't know, anyways, this is pretty weird and definitely unchartered territory for a guy with a PE degree that babysits grown up kids for a living every day!? I'll keep you all posted....yikes!
Also, I live about 2 miles from the Pimlico racetrack which for all you horse race fans was the site of this past weekends Preakness. I got in on a bet with my brothers picking the winner and I don't know horses so I just pick post position so I decided to go with post 6 horse...and wouldn't you know it, it was the favorite...Barbaro! I thought, oh ya, this is in the bag...bragging rights for a year. And out the gate they shot and not even 100 yards into it he breaks his leg! Now this is pretty huge news here in Baltimore, I mean, they almost had to kill the poor horse right there on the track. When they took the horse away to the Pennsylvania hospital the Horse ambulance drove RIGHT by my house...I'm not really sure if that's cool or not but interesting at least, and obviously I lost all bragging rights for the year.
Speaking of surgery, my momma got in and out of surgery like the champion she is and she was actually up walking the SAME DAY!!! She feels so much better already and I can totally tell her spirits and moral are WAY up and she's on her way back to exercise and hopefully her love of tennis and hiking...I told I'm gonna be her drill sargent to make sure she does her rehab right, just like how she always was on my butt to make sure I was in tip top shape if she was to LET me play football...that was why I trained like a maniac, so my mom would approve of another season...hahaha (for real)!
Well I couldn't help myself but I signed up for one more race before the big Kahuna June 25th. I figured it would be OK because it was 13 days before and it's an Olympic distance but it's called the Escape from Ft. Delaware Tri. They take us all on a couple of boats across a river to an old Fort protecting a harbor in the old wartime days and then we GET to swim back across the river to our transition area where the 26 mile bike and 6 mile run take place along the water. Whether it's the smart thing to do or not, I'm not sure (remember the PE major thing) but it sounds like alot of fun and I love to race so I thought, ahh, screw it, let's do it! So my last two races are June 10 in Delaware and June 25 in Coeur D'Alene. And to make Coeur D'Alene more fun, I rented a motorhome to take from Montana to Coeur D'Alene to spend the weekend in at the KOA as I prep for the race...nothing like combining camping with racing for some summertime fun! I wonder if blind date girl likes the same? hmmmm I'm guessing probably not....anybody want to place any bets?
And last thing, Memorial Weekend is coming up and since the death of Pat Tillman in Afghanistan a few years back, I've been wearing a bracelet that says "Never Forget #40". Hopefully everyone can give thanks to our service men and women this weekend for their sacrifice, especially Pat Tillman!
Big Purple Out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Date with a lawyer. I bet she's more fun than you think. Just think about it this way. Lawyers have one thing on their mind until they become lawyers. Once that's done they can get back to their regularly scheduled lives. :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I have several lawyer friends (one is even a judge). Some are married, some not. ALL are crazy and wild!! And they are in their 30's. Just think what they were like in their 20's!! Have fun!

The race sounds fun. Good luck!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

okay, the 29-year-old lawyer thing. think allie mcbeal. you'll be fine.

congrats to your mama. tell her i wish her the best!

good luck on the race!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Papa Tweet said...

Give your "Mamma" my best regards. Be careful in that race. You are supposed to be in your taper at that point. All I'm saying is, don't over do it. As for the lawyer, I have no advice. Sorry.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home