Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Find your mojo!

Draw your own conclusions but this is my favorite motivational page. The coolest part about it is that it hangs in the San Antonio Spurs locker room in 5 different languages, representing a language for each player....

"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it - but all that had gone before."

Now don't think I'm a Spurs fan, yep, still a big Jazz guy, but that's pretty tight. I think I'm on about blow 14 (1 blow per triathlon...with a 100 triathlon lifetime goal)....I got a long way to go! And if I could (see blog post #1), I would definitely put that onto one of my fortune cookies.

And I'm gathering my list for this Sunday, my second race of the season, first triathlon and I was putting together my check list and it goes somehting like this....can anyone think of anything else?
ID, USAT card, Wetsuit, racing suit, 2 pair of goggles, body glide, permanent marker, earplugs, bike, 3 spare tubes, mechanical tape, helmet, sunglasses, bike shoes, 3 pair of socks, race belt, sunblock, race packet, running shoes, 12 gels, 3 power bars, 4 single serving powerbar endurance drink mixes, 2 water bottles and lots and lots of willpower. Iron Benny, it's a Half-Iron, what else you got? It reminds me of when I was a little kid gong away to football camp, how fun does this get? This race will be blow #15 and the rock is just laughing at me, I'll get him though...And then Memorial Day will be my longest training day of the season and then taper for IM Coeu D'Alene begins.

"One of the rarest things a man ever does is the very best he can..."

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Love the motivational message!

Do you have to check in your bike the day before? Might want something to cover it (or at least the seat) - depends on the weather and humidity. A pump to re-pump up your tires if you do leave the bike overnight. How about some towels and water to wipe/rinse off your feet after the swim? Some air for flats? A hat or visor? Something to lay everything out on in the transition area (but this depends on how your transition areas are set up). A cooler to keep things cool (if necessary).

Just some ideas. But you have done 11 more of these than me - you should be a pro at it!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger BIGpurple said...

Ooooh yes, good stuff, towel & cooler = got it!
Pump = check, Hat = check....
And Jill, you forgot (or maybe I did)....how 'bout an Ipod with the latest country jams for pre-race warm-up!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the kitchen sink. you forgot the kitchen sink.

do you have your recovery drink?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Now that sounds like a good idea. Another reason to buy an mp3 player (yeah, not quite in the 21st century)!!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home