Monday, April 24, 2006

The password is...

A little while back I got Sirius Radio hooked up in my car and it took me too long to discover my new favorite station, actually it hasn't changed for at least 2 weeks. I must say to Larry the Cable Guy, "I'm not worthy". So ya, Blue Collar Comedy has found it's way into the 4-Runner and it could be there for a long time. I made my way to the University of Virginia for work the past few days (reason for lack of postings), man what a great campus and while I was driving back through DC and Baltimore I discovered for the first time in a long time, road rage. Oh my gosh Becky, the traffic jam was like so big. And all I could think about is when/if I make it home I'm goin' for what some would call a workout, I prefer to call it an adventure. I had hours to ponder my route and length and nutrition...and then I thought, if I wasn't doing triathlon what would diminish my road rage? So I passed the DUI stop, the truck fire, and the bridge stop for an elevated terror alert and made it home by 4:30 and I thought, sweet, at least 3 hours to ride and run. Fast forward an hour and I'm in the Hill/Farm country of Baltimore following my newly discovered road termed Steeple Chase Country (not my term but a continuous road sign term). If you've never been to surrounding Baltimore it's constant winding hills with no shoulders and disgruntled drivers...which makes for great for training but poor for Average MPH but today I didn't care. It was 77% and real humid (already), traffic was in the rear view mirror, there was the fresh sweet smell of warming manure, and I was training but didn't know it. Oh ya, major props to my first 2 bloggers to comment...one just finished his 1st Ironman in Arizona in less than 13 hours! The other just crushed her age group competition in a Sprint Tri and was welcomed home to a whole bunch of dog poop on the floor...but you didn't care huh, it's Tri's way of saying, "I will cure any fellings of rage you have, come with me". Did I mention I love Larry the Cable Guy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Papa Tweet said...

Yo Purple,
Sometimes I wonder what's going on in that wacky mind of yours. Turns out, all I have to do is read your blog and all my questions are answered. Keep posting dude!
Benny

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home