Friday, April 28, 2006

As I was saying...

And so it is Friday and I am officially fired up for June 25th in Coeur D'Alene. First things first though, I have a great practice race on May 7th that I think will be a perfect amount of time to spend a few recovery days and then hammer until taper weeks. It's called the NJ Devilman and it's a Half-Ironman, of course I couldn't just do 1 triathlon this year so I threw this in there and an Olympic one on June 12th. Really I'm using these just for open water swim practice now that I have a full wet suit (which I've never used before and am way excitd to do) and bike-run transition practice. Anyway, back to Coeur D'Alene, I think I have word from my youngest bro that he is going to go with me to the race, major props to you Mikey...I think once you see what the hype is all about you'll be on a course within a year, GUARANTEED! Get ready brotha! And we'll be flying into Montana a week before the race to stay with some buddies and then drive to Coeur D'Alene on Fri. morning for the Sun. race. Where will stay you ask? None other than the KOA 7 miles from the race start! How sweet is that! Not in a tent but in one of their "luxurious" Kamping Kabins. I can't wait! And then the Monday after we'll hop a flight out of Spokane to LA to spend our last week of summer vacation at Manhattan Beach! Nothing beats a week of recovery like a little boogie boarding down in So. Cal.
The past 2 weeks have been real good for training...not as much swimming as I would have liked but (11,500 yards) but got in 250 actual road miles, 3 hours on the trainer, 45.5 miles running, but only 45 minutes of lifting...that's OK though and really my legs feel good, a little fatigued but no ailments, so it's all good here in this B-more hood. Needless to say, lots of VERY early mornings and late nights. Also, I got a mini-physical here at my office this morning to make sure my weight/body fat/lean mass/etc. are progressing the right way. I weighed a whopping 184 with 5.4% body fat and like 171 lbs. of lean mass. Better than the same exact time last year! I think I'll be pounding a few more snickers to keep the weight up! We have one of those Bod-Pod machines that look like a giant egg and it calculates everything, it's unbelievable.
And Mikey, I'm golfing Mon. afternoon so don't be nervous about our tourney. Another item on the training agenda is golf. We have our 6th annual Fassel Boys Golf Tourney May 19-21 so I gotta get in a few rounds...since I am the defending champ I have a lot at stake. The trophy WILL remain in Baltimore another year. We have a GIANT trophy the yearly winner gets to keep, it's looks good in my pad! Oh ya, and I'll see if I can squeeze in some work around this play schedule also...hahahahahahaha. Man that Snickers was good yesterday! BigPurple Out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Tweet said...

Yo Purple,
You're gonna love the recovery on the beach. It simply doesn't get any better than that. I had to catch the first flight out of Phx the next morning. That sucked. I would have rather been on the beach, that's for sure. KOA hah, you call that roughin it? Be careful in Montana the week before the race. Don't want to lose focus and all that crap. Sounds like you're getting plenty of volume training. You're gonna rock that course. What are you shooting for? 11 hours something. You gonna shoot for Hawaii. With 5% body fat, you havea shot at it. Skinny bastard. Your dad is right, you gotta get some meat on those bones.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

purp... i can't believe you ate a snickers and didn't leave any for me. fine friend you are.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Sounds like you are right on track with your training! I will be rooting for you on June 25th!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home