Saturday, September 30, 2006

I know you're out there, somewhere out there...

Back to blogger life...oh it feels so good. Since it is the last day of September (WOW) I think it would be good of me to comment on the beauty of the Indian Summer out east. The humidity has disappeared and the cool breeze has flowed in. Not that I'm excite dby any means about winter as the season on deck, but it's nice to know even Baltimore, Md has 4 seasons. And there are so many trees out here that in a few weeks it will be a fall wonderland with the colors of the leaves changing and the temps in the mid 60's. This could be the second best time of the year...first of course being when the cold finally goes away and you can sense summer on the horizon. So my racing and training has ceased since August 1st due to workload and, well, I'm only a part time racer. It actually is nice because it keeps me from over doing it which I would definitely be prone to do. Therefore, I have gotten into some yoga and back to the weight room trying to get some strength back after a long spring and summer of racing and training. I get to the pool for about 1,500 to 2,000 yards of swimming about twice a week but purely for fun and the bicycle, ah the bicycle, my new best friend...except the other day when I was riding Steeplechase country in the farmlands of Maryland (steeplechase country is was it's called, pure non-stop hills is what it is) and I got stuck in my big ring for some reason the rest of way so I big geared it for the next hour or so and decided at that point food sounded good...so that was that.

(Here's a picture of my summer trip to Jackson, Wyoming where i found this AWESOME country road that went to the most beautiful nowhere ever...and a 5 1/2 mile climb at 10%. Sweet Nectar!)



“I learned to fight. I worked and studied it.If I got beat up or did something sloppy in the gym, I’d go home and work on it until I got it right. Man, it was hard work…I didn’t want to be just good. I wanted to be the best!”

“I did my homework. I went home and practiced punches in the mirror. I dedicated myself to being the best!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow! you're back! i was getting worried!

by the way, did Coach Stack get a hold of you?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Papa Tweet said...

He's alive!!!!!! Keep up the good work at the office by the way. Things are going well thusfar. Really glad to see it. Keep in touch if you have time.
Benny

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home